Content in this policy that only applies to sales and services in our Stoke store, will contain the words “in store only”.
Goodwins Jewellers (“we”, “us” or “our”) is a long established business and we strive constantly to deliver high quality customer service to our customers. We are fully committed to protecting and respecting your privacy and will only use your personal data appropriately and in ways that we believe you will understand and find acceptable. We will never pass your data onto other parties unless there is a need to do so as part of us providing products and services to you, or there is another reasonable or justifiable reason.
Under the GDPR, we must have a valid lawful basis in order to process your personal data. The GDPR defines six different categories which we can refer to, to explain our reasons for collecting, holding and using your personal data.
There are three GDPR categories which we regard as giving us a lawful basis to use your personal data. These are:
Contract: We need to collect and use your personal data (name, address, email etc.) to fulfil a web order. This is our contract with you, to provide and deliver an item you wish to purchase.
In store only, this category can also apply when you make a purchase but also if you ask us for an estimate, or use other services we offer, such as our repair or valuation service.
Legitimate Interests: We collect and use your personal data in line with our legitimate interests in offering our products and associated services, to you. Examples of this could be:
· using your contact details to email you to confirm that an item you have ordered has been dispatched
· (in store only) contacting you in regards to a piece of jewellery you’ve asked us to repair or alter
· (in store only) using your address details to produce a valuation certificate for you
· making personalised offers in regard to a product or service we feel is relevant to you and may be beneficial to you, based on your
previous purchase history or from information you have given to us
Consent: If you have given us your consent to receive marketing messages by subscribing via our website, or (in store only) by verbal consent which is registered on our computerised till, we may use your data to send you appropriate marketing messages about our activities and any special offers, sales or promotions that we feel may be relevant or beneficial to you.
How to unsubscribe from marketing messages is covered in our “Your rights” section further on in this document.
Further and full information regarding the GDPR can be obtained on-line by searching for “ICO GDPR”. This should then allow you to access the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) GDPR guide. This is the official publication regarding the GDPR.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
· Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our website or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or in
person. This includes information you provide when you register to use our website, search for a product, place an order on our site, participate in social
media functions on our site, enter a competition, promotion or survey, when you submit a query or a request and if you report a problem with our site. The
information you give us may include, but is not limited to, your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information,
personal description and photograph.
· Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our website we may automatically collect the following information:
· technical information, including the Internet protocol (“IP”) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login
information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
· information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (“URL”) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page
response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone
number used to call our customer service number.
In store only - Information we will or may collect about you
· when you are in our store - your image, is recorded by our CCTV system for security reasons only.
· when you make a purchase – your name, address, contact details (if provided), item stock code and description are recorded on our computerised till and on our stock control/admin systems
· when you ask for an estimate to repair or alter an item of jewellery - your name, address, contact details and item descriptions, along with the repair instructions
· when you ask us to produce a valuation certificate – your name, address, description and photograph of items and the value of items
· when we purchase scrap precious metal from you – your customer ID (e.g. driving license number),address details, item description, value of scrap. By law we must record and store this data.
· if we need to place an order for you – your name, address, contact details and item description are written in special order books
Information we receive from other sources.
· We may receive information about you if you use any of our social media pages.
How long do we keep your personal data?
· Data we hold about you on our website will remain on there for a maximum of 6 years
o or until you request us to remove all or some of it, where following a review and validation that it is your data, we agree to remove it
In store only. How long do we keep your personal data?
· Computerised till and stock control system and admin system data will be kept indefinitely
· Repair tickets - tickets before 18 May 2018 contained name, address details and contact numbers and will be kept for a period of up to 15 years.
Note: After 18 May 2018, repair tickets no longer contain name, address details or contact numbers, just a customer number and repair or alteration details
· Valuation Certificates - These will be kept permanently
· ID and other details for scrap precious metal purchases will retained for 1 year.
· Special order books will be kept indefinitely
We claim a legitimate interest in holding onto some of the above personal data for long periods. This is for the benefit of customers who sometimes contact us to ask for details of purchases going back many years, for a variety of reasons, for example, for an insurance claim.
If reasonable and necessary or required to meet legal or regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse, or enforce our terms and conditions, we may also keep hold of some of your information as required, even if it is no longer needed to provide services to you.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us.
We will use this information:
· to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
· to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are relevant or connected to those that you have already purchased or enquired about, or that we feel may be beneficial to you
· to notify you about changes to our service;
· to confirm from time to time that you are still happy to give us your consent to be contacted
· to provide you with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you with information about goods and services similar to those which were
the subject of a previous sale or enquiries made by you. If you are a new customer, we will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, for marketing purposes, you can unsubscribe by clicking the link below:
Information we collect about you.
We will use this information:
· to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
· to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
· to allow you to participate in any interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
· as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
· to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we may serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
· to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site, about goods or services that may interest you or them.
Disclosure of your information
We need to share your information with selected third parties:
· Barclaycard (for debit/credit card processing) and PayPal to process your payments for website items you have chosen to purchase
· Royal Mail to fulfil delivery (where required) of your purchases
· Google Analytics and other search engine providers that assist in the improvement and optimisation of our site
· Credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you
· For software support we give access to our computerised systems which contain your personal data, to the following companies:
o Bransom Retail Systems – who provide our point of sale and office stock control and administration systems
o Visualsoft Limited – who provide and host our website
· In store only - Worldpay to process debit/credit card payments for items you have chosen to purchase
· In store only - your name, address and contact details are supplied to Safeguard Valuation Services Ltd, solely for the purpose of producing a valuation certificate for you
· In store only: CCTV footage may be passed to the police if a crime is committed or suspected
We endeavour to ensure that we only provide third parties with the information they need to perform their specific services and work with them to ensure and confirm that your privacy is respected and protected at all times.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
· In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
· If Goodwins Jewellers or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its
customers will be one of the transferred assets.
· If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or
customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud detection and credit risk reduction.
Where we store your personal data
Where you have chosen a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access. Our website uses SSL Security / https website protocol. SSL provides privacy, security and data integrity for personal information.
Computer system backups which are stored off-site, are written to encrypted, password protected media
In store only, computer data is stored on systems in an access controlled building which is covered by a monitored alarm system. The computer systems are password protected and staff access is restricted to functionality which only allows them to fulfil their specific roles.
In store only, paper based personal data is stored in an access controlled building which is covered by a monitored alarm system
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing, by using the link below to unsubscribe.
Click to unsubscribe from receiving marketing
You can also exercise this right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com or by ringing us on 01782 215438
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Under the GDPR you have the “right to be forgotten”
This means that you can request to obtain a copy of the information we hold for about you, verbally in store, or by:
o writing to us at: Goodwins Jewellers, 12 – 16 Hope Street, Hanley, Stoke-on-Trent, ST1 5BS
or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
o or via our website https://www.goodwinsjewellers.co.uk
o or by ringing us on 01782 215438
We will provide you with this information within one calendar month
You can request that incorrect, out of date, or incomplete data about you, is corrected.
You can request to have your personal data erased
The right to be forgotten is not absolute and in certain circumstances may not apply. If we feel we should not or cannot action some or all of your request, we will contact you to explain and discuss why.
NB: To protect the confidentiality of your information, we will always ask you to verify your identity before proceeding with any request you make, regarding access to, changes to, or removal of your personal data.
For all our services, the data controller (the company that’s responsible for your privacy) is Goodwins Jewellers.